Each day, Amazon offers a free Android App of the Day that could be a game, utility, or who knows? Each deal lasts for just 24 hours and, after that period is over it goes back to paid status and a new app is the App of the Day. In addition to your Kindle Fire, these apps will also work with your Android-based smartphones and tablet computers.
Today’s Free App of the Day is Audubon Butterflies – A Field Guide to North American Butterflies and this utility is normally $4.99 in the Amazon App Store but is free for today only.
Here is the app’s description from the Amazon App Store website:
Audubon Butterflies is your essential guide to over 600 butterflies of North America. Now you can identify every species in your backyard, parks, gardens, the woods or fields with thousands of professional color photographs.
Contains in-depth, authoritative information based on the National Audubon Society’s Field Guides to Butterflies with updates by Rick Cech, a natural history author and one of the world’s leading butterfly experts.
• In-depth Descriptions of every species, with authoritative information on appearance, habitat, behavior, and much more
• Over 2,000 beautiful color photographs detailing each species with extraordinary clarity.
• A detailed reference section, which includes detailed butterfly natural history
• Identify with accuracy. Browse by shape, name (first, last, scientific), or by family
• Search by multiple “advanced search” variables including shape, size, region, color, and habitat
• Navigate back and forth between species information, personalized Life Lists and Sightings, search functions and more with ease and clarity.
• Record your field experiences using the Life List and Sighting features. Track a sighting using the device’s GPS, add notes, and save to the App for records of your nature adventures
• Join our online field guide community of nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts at AudubonGuides.com
• Read the blogs for insights from our naturalists in the field
• Send us your suggestions, comments or requests. We also welcome submissions of high quality photographs that might assist our users in identifying butterflies. You can contact us directly by selecting “Feedback” in the “More” section of the application.
You can pick up your free copy of Audubon Butterflies – A Field Guide to North American Butterflies by clicking here or typing in http://smarturl.it/appdeal into your computer’s web browser.