Here’s a reminder to not forget about the giveaway for a new Kindle Paperwhite 3G…have you entered yet?
Yes, I do have another motive – I really want to get the blog’s Facebook page back to the membership level it was before it had to have the “re-do” two months ago, so in order to enter you must “Like” the blog’s Facebook page. If you have previously “Liked” the blog’s Facebook page you can still enter, also!
I’ll tell you I am surprised at the low number of people that have entered – only a little over 4,000 so far. You can’t win if you don’t enter! On the other hand, those who have entered are probably hoping not many more folks will enter!
Several people have had questions and can’t find several of the graphics / icons that need to be clicked in order to enter the giveaway, so I have added a few screenshots of what it is supposed to look like on your end. If you are having problems entering with a tablet computer, you may want to switch to a laptop or desktop computer to enter. If you are reading this on your e-Ink Kindle, you may not be able to see the graphics – here’s a shortlink you can use with your computer to view in its web browser and enter away: http://wp.me/p2b82w-3tO
Here’s how to enter:
- Click here or type in http://bit.ly/octpw3g into your web browser. This will open up the giveaway page on Facebook.
- If you have not previously “Liked” the blog’s Facebook page, click the “Like” button in the upper right-hand corner. There will be a large arrow and words pointing you to the right place if you have not.
- Once you click the “Like” button, the click the “+1 DO IT!” icon in the middle of the text box / entry area on the page. If you have previously “Liked” the blog’s Facebook page, you will see the “Liked” icon on the upper right-hand side of the page. Go down to the middle of the text box / entry area on the page and click the “+1 DO IT!” icon. See the picture below as I have drawn an arrow where you can see the +1 DO IT! icon.
- A new box will open up – click on the GREEN “I’m a Fan” icon in the lower right-hand corner of this new text box. See the picture below – I have drawn an arrow to where you can find this green “I’m a Fan” icon.
Assuming you did all of that, to confirm you are entered, the top right-hand of the contest box should have changed – if you have entered, you will see the status has changed to “1/1” in a green box. See the picture below, as I have drawn a red arrow where you should be able to see where it as changed to the green 1/1.
Here’s the fine print / details:
- This giveaway will run until 12:01 a.m. EST on November 1, 2012. I’m going to call that midnight Eastern time on Halloween (October 31, 2012).
- You can only enter one time, and you must “Like” the Facebook page in order to enter.
- One name will be picked randomly using a random number generator from all entries.
- Within 24 hours of the giveaway ending, the person picked will be notified via email and Facebook messaging so make sure you have Facebook messaging turned on with your Facebook account.
- The winner will have 72 hours – that’s three full days – of me sending the giveaway winner notification to claim the prize. The giveaway winner will have a brand new Kindle Paperwhite with 3G shipped to them at no charge.
- If the giveaway winner does not respond within those 72 hours, I will have the random number generator pick an alternate winner.
- If the alternate winner (if applicable) does not respond within the next 72 hours of being notified via email and Facebook messaging, we will have a new giveaway.
And yes, I have heard from those of you who have said you don’t “do” Facebook and I can respect that – registering for Facebook is free – but, right or wrong, that’s the venue for the blog’s social media outlet I am promoting this time. I fee reasonably confident there will be future giveaways that will have different requirements.
Good luck to all who enter!
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your e-Ink Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week trial subscription! Click here for the Amazon page of the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog or type in http://www.tinyurl.com/fkblog into your computer’s web browser.
Download the Free Kindle Books and Tips blog app for your Kindle Fire or Android-based smartphone or tablet – for free, of course – by clicking here or type in http://amzn.to/freefireapp into your computer’s web browser from the Amazon App Store or click here or type in http://bit.ly/fkbtgoogle into your computer’s web browser for the Google App Store.