This is a post for those of you who have “Liked” the blog’s Facebook page, especially after the b.s. we collectively went through a little over two months ago where the existing Facebook page had to be taken down and I started over from scratch. Going from approximately 20,000 fans on the Facebook side to zero made me say some bad words luckily not too many heard me say out loud…
If you haven’t stopped by the blog’s Facebook page, you can check it out if you click here or type in www.facebook.com/fkbooks into your web browser – why you’re there, why not give it a “Like” if you haven’t already?
The good news is last weekend we crossed the 15,000 member mark and it is growing…I hope we are able to find the lost souls who were previously following the old Facebook page!
One complaint I’ve received over time is many people say even though they have “Liked” the Facebook page, not all of the blog’s or page’s posts were showing up on their timeline when it had in the past. That’s not due to anything I am doing, but something Facebook has initiated for this and other fan pages: they want me (and other managers of fan pages) to pay to have each post guaranteed to show up on people’s Facebook pages.
That doesn’t mean each post you would see on your wall costs me money, as it doesn’t: Facebook will still allow a post to show up on a limited number of FB pages. However, Facebook’s advertising model is a pay for performance plan and the pricing for me, based upon the number of fans, would be about $150 – $175 per post to ensure it hit everyone’s wall.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t afford that on a periodic basis let alone a full-time basis!
How to Guarantee to See the Blog’s Posts on Facebook
I’ve been scratching my head for a solution so that the blog’s Facebook members can be sure to see the blog posts so you don’t miss a notification of the free book offers. Luckily, there are blog members who know a heck of a lot more about Facebook than I do – here is a solution that appears to work I received from blog member Christy P., which involves making the blog’s Facebook page one of your “Interests:”
- Go to your Facebook home page: once you are logged into Facebook, you may be on your Timeline, so click on the word “facebook” on the top left-hand side of your web browser to go to your Facebook home page.
- Look on the left-hand side of your Facebook home page towards the bottom on some / middle on others – you will see a section called “Interests.”
- Click on the word “Interests.”
- A new screen will open.
- On the top, middle-to-right-hand side of this new screen, click on the icon titled “+ Add Interests” which will open up yet a new window.
- On this new window, look on the top towards the middle-right, and click on the “+Create List” icon.
- Another new box / window will open titled “Create New List.” On the upper right-hand side of this new window, there is a search bar that says “Search for people or pages.” In this search bar, click on it and type in “free ebooks and tips.”
- Click on the “Free eBooks and Tips” icon when it appears in this new screen. Once you click the Free eBooks and Tips icon, a check mark will appear on the icon.
- Click the “Next” icon on the lower right-hand side.
- Name your list something you will remember. “Free Kindle Books” sounds good to me and what I named my list.
- Once you have typed in a name, click the “Done” icon.
If you followed those instructions, your new list has been established and is complete. When you want to see the blog’s posts to Facebook, just go to your Facebook home page and click on “Free Kindle Books or whatever you named your list to see the blog’s posts.
If all of that was confusing or you couldn’t complete setting up your own list, that’s okay – you can always sign up for the email delivery option (that’s free, also)! To signup for email delivery, just click here or type in http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/subscribe into your web browser and follow these instructions:
- You will see a input line that says “Email Address” right above an icon called “Subscribe.” Type in your email address on this line.
- Click the “Subscribe” icon.
- Go to your email program – you will receive a confirmation email.
- Reply to this email, and press “Send” on your email program. You must reply to this email in order to receive the blog’s posts to ensure I’mnot spamming anyone.
That’s it! You should now receive future posts on the blog via email.
Hope that helps!
Posted in: Misc. and Random Stuff