There is an interesting article in today’s Wall Street Journal about Amazon and the Kindle. You can read it by clicking here, taken from comments made at yesterday’s Amazon shareholders’ meeting.
A few highlights based on comments made by Amazon’s CEO:
- The Kindle’s focus will be on reading vs. making the Kindle an everything for everyone piece of equipment.
- There are no short-term plans to introduce a color Kindle.
- As far as content, Amazon’s strategy is to focus on the widest selection at the lowest prices.
- No disclosures made on the number of Kindles or eBooks sold.
- A little background on the pricing changes this year, which made a lot of new books go over the traditional $9.99 price.
Want to have this blog sent wirelessly to your Kindle vs. reading it on your computer? Try out the free two-week subscription! Click here for the Amazon page for Free Kindle Books Plus a Few Other Tips.
Don’t have a Kindle? Click Here to learn more!
Posted in: Misc. and Random Stuff